Claim your VAT in 3 easy steps
Love A Refund Of Up To 16% On Your Purchases* ?
Love it instantly, in cash, in your home currency?
It’s QUICK, SIMPLE and CONVENIENT with Travelex
As a citizen residing outside the European Union, you can benefit from a VAT refund (value added tax) on your purchases made within the European Union during your trip.
Just follow the instructions!
* Conditions apply, rates are displayed with margin
To be eligible to claim a VAT refund you must be :
- A non-European Union resident
- Over 16
- Visiting the country for less than 6 months
- Claiming for transactions over €175
QUICK: REQUEST A FORM FROM YOUR RETAILER
Complete and sign this in the shop choosing the ‘Cash Refund’ option:
You must provide: :
- Your first name, last name and signature
- Your address of residency outside of the European Union
- Your passport number
SIMPLE: GET THE FORM(S) VALIDATED AT CUSTOMS
- Go to Customs in the departure hall when you arrive at the airport for your return journey
- Do this before checking in your baggage and before security
- Customs may need to see the goods you’ve bought
CONVENIENT: BRING THE VALIDATED FORM(S) TO A TRAVELEX STORE
Get an instant cash refund your home currency.
When you get at a Travelex store, please prepare:
- Your passport
- Your purchases receipts
- Your validated and signed forms
Please be aware that this process may take some time.
If the PABLO logo is on your VAT refund form, then it's even easier! Go to a Pablo terminal with your completed form. It will then be scanned and validated electronically. You no longer need to go through customs to get the stamp, and you can go directly to a Travelex Store to get your VAT refund.