Tax Free Shopping in France
Claim your VAT refund when you shop at thousands of retailers
How to get your VAT refund
Shop in France
Look out for Tax Free signs in shop windows
Request a Tax Refund form
Ask for one at each store you shop
Complete and get your form(s) stamped at the Customs
And keep all your receipts safe
Visit a Travelex store
Bring your goods, receipts and documents along
Claim your refund
Any electronic or high value goods will need to be checked by airport customs
Travelex tax refund stores in France
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 1
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2A
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2C
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2D
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2E :
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 2F :
Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Terminal 3 :
Paris-Orly Airport Terminal South
8 place de l’Opéra 75009 PARIS
194 rue de Rivoli 75001 PARIS
125 av. des Champs Elysées 75008 PARIS
52 av. des Champs Elysées 75008 PARIS
Lyon St Exupéry Airport
Marseille Provence Airport Hall 1
Standard and tailored VAT refund services are available at selected airports
- Priority VAT refund service
- Located at selected airport terminals at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
Standard VAT Refunds
From €3 /form
- Enjoy easy VAT refunds at the Travelex counter
- Get your refund in your home currency
Have a question?
What is the Retail Export Scheme?
The Retail Export Scheme allows non-EU residents, who are leaving the European Union, to claim a VAT refund on most goods that they have purchased in the France.
VAT refunds can only be claimed on your final day and from the departing EU Country and only from the airport terminal from which you are departing. The claiming process must be completed within three (3) months (with VAT forms stamped and completed) of the original purchase date of the item for which you are claiming the refund.
Please note that refunds can only be claimed by the person who purchased the goods. It is not possible to claim a refund on behalf of someone else.
What documents do I need to claim a VAT refund?
- Proof of purchase of goods from the retailer – you might be asked to show the FORM & purchased goods at the customs when making a VAT refund claim.
- A VAT refund form from the retailer – this must be completed and signed by the retailer at the time of purchase in order to be valid.
- A valid passport – you will be required to show an expiring visa or one way flight ticket to prove that you are leaving the EU.
- Customs might ask to see the purchased goods. They will stamp your VAT refund form, after which you can return to a Travelex VAT store, and process your refund.
Are there any fees charged for the VAT refund process?
There can be fees levied by the VAT agents, these differ by scheme:
- Global Blue - Premier Tax Free form – Premier tax free: €3 per form
- Detaxe taxfree - EU taxfree Shopping / GB taxfree Shopping – Euro free shopping – Simply tax free – Innova tax free: €3.5 per form
- Fair Tax Free: €2.5 per form
Can I claim a refund in the France?
You can claim a VAT refund in the France if you are not a resident of the following countries:
How can I receive my VAT refund?
Travelex provides VAT refunds in either Euros (€) or a foreign currency at any of our VAT stores.
Credit Card Customers who have a Global Refund Form can choose to have their refund put onto their card at any of our VAT stores.
Do all retailers and shops have VAT refund forms?
All shops must participate to the VAT refund scheme. The majority of participating shops will have VAT stickers in their shop windows. However, please note you can only get the VAT refund from VAT agents Travelex is working with:
- Global Blue
- Premier Tax Free form
- Premier Tax Free
- Detaxe taxfree
- EU taxfree Shopping
- GB taxfree Shopping
- Euro free shopping
- Simply tax free
- Innova tax free
- Fair Tax Free
Please note that Travelex cannot arrange VAT refund forms at the airport. VAT refund forms must be obtained from the Retailer when you purchase a good.